Saturday, September 06, 2008

I just busted my savings account, again.

Ever since few years back, I paid for half of my mother's birthday gift which was a freaking flute (yes, my mother is/was a flautist), which wasn't cheap okay, coming from freaking Yamaha.

The next year, I bought her a Guess watch which seriously wasn't any cheap too. Of course as a birthday gift. And from then on, I told myself to stop spending so much on her birthday gifts anymore. And instead of buying her one expensive gift for her birthday which happens to happen every freaking year, I buy for her a few mini-gifts. Ya know what I'm saying?

Anyway, let's just cut to the chase. I just spent close to half of my life's savings which isn't a lot to begin with, on this.

(I took this picture from the web so the thing above is not mine, but someone else's. Get it?)

Yes, I bought a Nikon D40. Why, you ask? Seriously, I don't know. But I guess it was one impulse? And ya know how much I hate myself for being a very impulsive person.

I dragged my mother to go the Comex 2008 which was being held at at the Suntec Convention Centre last weekend and hell was it freaking packed. You would think that the last day, it'd be less crowded. Boy was I so wrong. Well, somehow half my mind was telling me that it would be extremely packed the last day because well, every stall will be slashing prices like mad to clear their stock, right?

It's a DSLR camera so obviously it's expensive. And DSLR stands for Digital Single-Lens Reflex. IT WAS SELLING FOR $200 LESS THAN ITS USUAL PRICE! I checked the Nikon website and it was selling for $998, so if you really want to know how much I bought it for, you do the Math, alright?

I made an agreement with my mother. Okay, more of a death sentence to tell you the truth. Lots of conditions and rules and what not and yes, I offered to pay the whole price using my savings but she offered to pay SOME and SOME only. Phew, was I glad. Hehe.

I paid like about 60% of it which is really a lot and yes lots of freebies came along with it. Well, camera-related freebies of course. There was a free "Nikon Bag" also and silly me, I happily thought it was a bag for the camera. Turns out, it was like a normal sling bag. Grrrrrrrrrr.

BUT THANKS TO JILL'S GRANDFATHER'S CAMERA SHOP THE SUN SHINES AGAIN, I GOT A SIMPLE BUT AWESOME CAMERA BAG! WHOOOOOOOOOO! SO NOW I CAN BRING AROUND MY D40 AND SHOW IT OFF TO THE WORLD! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Hehehe, I purposely made that big so Ms Koh (HAHAHAHA Mrs C Lau used to call you that!) can see how happy I am. Ooh, I met Mrs Koh at the shop too. And now I realise from where Jill inherited her looks from. Cause believe it or not, I used to think she was adopted. Last time, she didn't even look like any of her family members. To me that is. Not her sister, father or mother. Hahahaha. I can sense that "-____-" look once Jill reads this. Right?

So life is wonderful now. I've got my first ever camera and it's amazing. I bet Radya's really jealous right now. His mother for him an Olympus but I'm so sure he wanted a Nikon. Hehe. That day I called him wanted to meet him for awhile to "show off" my SLR and he was like "All the more you shouldn't come here now..." I'm sorry Radya. One day, I'll rub it in your face okay. Wheee.

Anyhoo, lemme show you some pictures that I've taken over the past week. Alright?

Say hi to my SLR, which has yet to be named. Suggestions anyone?

Call Jack Woo now. Eh free advertising leh, Jack? Do I get commision? Erm, how do I spell commision? Is it right? Hi Jack, whoever you are.

Some dried leaves in the bin. Cool, no?

My ceiling fan. The room was brightly-lit but somehow, this effect came about.

Do you like yellow and wet flowers? Hmm.

How about pink ones that come in groups?

How about this nameless one?

Alright, there are a few other good ones but I'm too lazy to go upload them onto blogspot. It's such a hassle ya know. So guys, I'll leave you to one last one how about that? Enjoy.


And I don't smoke.


Chao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home