Monday, July 10, 2006

Jin asked me just now, "How were you so sure Italy was going to win?"


I don't know? Maybe because of Zidane's ol' so famous headbutt? But I assure you that I'd made my decision to support Italy way before that. It's just this instinct in me that said "Italy will win" and then I judged Italy's performance and it's quite too bad a team to support so I respected my instinct's decision.


I know I don't know much about soccer and stuff and people are like going to go "Zakk the bitch, think she know so much about soccer! She don't even know the players!".


I know France's goalkeeper horh! Fabien Barthez! I saw him live before. Want to know how? I tell you all a story ok? Listen or read.


About 5 years ago or when I was in Primary 3. ManU came to S'pore for a friendly match. 8-1/ I was a spectator at the National Stadium. Barthez was the goalkeeper for ManU then. Best part, half way through the match another gk substitute him, and I forgot who. Then don't know what happened, Barthez stripped his gk shirt and wore one of his team mate's shirt and proceeded to playing soccer on the field as what position I can't remember.


Moral of the story. How often are you able to spectate such an event? Even when I'm not much of a ManU fan (I only support which ever team Owen's in), I was almost like the Chosen One. The game was great. I saw David Beckham. Er, somemore I can't remember! If only Owen was in ManU at that time, but nvm, I still love Owen.


Back to Jin's question. In a nutshell, I think I'm not too bad in predicting the winner and loser for a World Cup Finals match. I'm good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home