Friday, April 18, 2008

A class of joy wins with grace, and loses with dignity.

That was the class motto back then when I was in 5 Joy '03.

And I strongly believe that this motto totally applies to TK Band '08.

Hey fellow band members of TK, lemme tell you a coupla things you guys probably didn't know about me.

I grew up a loyal Bowen Band supporter. Why, you ask?

I have an elder brother who was a Bowen Band member. Which instrument he played? That I shan't tell you.

What more do you ask from an 8 year old girl? Other than to support her elder brother who works his ass off for his school band.

I've been watching every SYF Central Judging Band Comp since 2000 and I've never missed any so don't tell me that I don't know a single shit about band-related stuffs.

I do know. And I do know what to judge on.

I know that rivalry was and is still going on between 3 (or should I say 2 now) school bands. And it has been on-going for a pretty long period of time since. I'm pretty well aware of that up till now.

Please guys, don't despair. Don't feel hopeless. Don't give up.

I know I may not understand all the pain and hardship you guys go through during your practices, but one thing I do know, you guys fucking work your socks off to be standing tall and proud at where you are now.

And for that, I fucking salute you.

Though you guys annoy me 3/4 of the times you guys start banging/blowing or whatever you guys do to your instruments that produce sounds. And you guys piss me off whenever you guys have your long hours of pratices because that means I can't spend time with Jin.

I pretty much am disappointed that TK Band was unable to achieve the 6th consecutive BDB award.

I was upset.

No, I did not cry for too much tears have been shed already. No need me to add on to the already drenched field. (Fuckin' rain had to pour also eh?)

Somehow, inside of me, I regret, a little. For not being a part of the band. For not being able to share the good and the bad times with everyone. To be seriously stressed up for real and be excused from remedials and extra lessons. To do drills in the fucking hot sun or to be screamed and lashed at by seniors.

I think I need that kind of experience to really straighten myself up. I need that rigid discipline that you guys possess. How you guys juggle your school work and CCA is unbelievable. For that, I'm in awe and I totally take my hat off for you guys.

TK Band, wins with grace and loses with dignity.

Don't ya think it's pretty relevant? I do think so.

Come back in 2010 and rock the (insert venue's name). Stun the crowds and bring back the solid drills and the ever-unexpected formations. Tell the whole world what TK Band is made of.

I'll definitely be there to support you guys again.

Beware Deyi Band, for TK Band will strike back with a vengeance and slice you guys like pieces of chicken meat waiting to be fried and put into every TK Band member's sandwiches and then devoured with great satisfaction and delight.

Bowen Band let me down, and for that, I'm unhappy. Buck up, guys!

Once again,

Win with grace, lose with dignity.

TK Band all the way.

Anoneh Pakukeh.

Chao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home