Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hi Grandpa, how're you doing up there?
Do you have a minute to spare?
There's a lot of things I need to tell you about.
So just sit back, relax and hear me out.

How have you been in the after-life?
You're not dead to me, you're very much alive.
Everything happened so fast that day.
And I really wished you're still around to stay.

I have dreams of you when I feel down.
I think it's you telling me you're still around.
If dreams do come true, where are you now?
I can't find you so please come out.

Will you knock on my door and call my name?
Will you look different or will you still be the same?
I very much miss you holding my hand,
And you reminding me to be the best that I can.

So won't you wipe these tears away.
And tell me that everything will be okay.
If only we could've spent more time together.
Then perhaps I could've lived life a little more happier.

I miss the man who would miss work for me.
I miss him, terribly.
If I could just have one more day with him,
I'd be the happiest girl in the world you would've seen.

I wish you're still around to teach me lessons.
Teach me to be independent and not be complacent.
We can take walks at the park or by the beach.
I'll remember to practise whatever you preach.

How's life up there, in the heavens above?
I heard it's a nice place. What food do they serve?
I'll promise to visit once my time is done.
Then we could reunite, spend time and have great fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home